terça-feira, 14 de agosto de 2012

Casablanca first day: Fasting that went wrong, trip that was long, day that was amazingof


So this will be my first post in English, with a special reason of course! So were should I start… with the fasting that went wrong? Why not?! The first time that I tried to fast, and I should say that I didn’t volunteer for that, it was specially and mainly because the lack of food at the bungalow that pushed me to go to Casa (Were everything happened) and even when I convinced myself (Yaz fault…. by the way I should tank her, but let’s talk about that later) to try to wait until the sun was gone, I failed on the last second due to logistic problems (or something like that)…

It was 10:00 AM when I wake up to prepare myself to the presentation that was supposed to start one hour later, by god willing it only begun at 14:00, at that time I still was without anything in my stomach… yeap!! Then someone had the idea to start playing a game, that I couldn't refuse, so it went until proximally at 15:something and still doing "unvolunteering"-fasting . Now let’s jump some time on the history, I will just add that between this gap we had a taxi ride to Casablanca that was amazing, but could be more, I’m always expecting a crash between cars, taking into account how they manage to drive here, and when I say “they” I really say everyone!

So maybe after a 20 minutes’ walk in the hot sun we stood before Mac Donald’s (the problem was that they didn’t have there TUNA), I can easily say that I was somewhat hungry. Having always in my mind that I wasn’t the only one, so that was the reason to not go running at the first burger that I could grab… at least alone :P.. I would feel guilty…. If at least I had someone to go with me, we could share the guilt. So what was my idea? Gentlemen as I’m, i invited Yaz to go with me to Mac, like a first date (since we here the only ones that could eat beside the others non-muslins that already went, and she would had the amazing opportunity to have my company and choose something to eat first!). So after a few discussion (something like: yes we should go.. hmm thinking again..we shouldn’t go.. wait! Yes! No!  Maybe we could wait 2 hours, what is 2 hours starving?! Something easyyyy for a guy that never tried that) that ended in nothing.. We start again our journey in the direction of the Mosque that was planned to visit! With the agreement from Yaz that she would later provide an outstanding place especially with a lot of food! (at least that was the expectations, I should mention: Moroccan food).

Skipping the journey, we finally arrived at the restaurant, after 20 kilometers, I can assure that we were all expending a large table with A LOT of FOOD… so… what was the reality: Let’s see the possibility’s: Dinner? No… Lunch: No… Breakfast? YES…  At that point I wanted to hit Yaz (so that was the first discussion as a pseudo-couple) for not eating at Mac.. but let’s see it by the bright side.. it wasn’t all bad, we had a spicy soup, two breads, cheese, a croissant, a egg and finally a small dessert, what can we expect more from a breakfast? Right?! And only for 66 dinars, cheappp. But the orange juice was really good! So the same way it was my first fast meal ever, it was the fastest relationship that I had in my entirely life, starting at 17:00 PM and ending at 19:30 PM…

Last thing: we two were really trying to fast.. what went wrong? The television.. someone started reading the Quran on the TV and we supposed that after that we could eat.. 5 minutes later we discovered that we were wrong… all day long for nothing!

But beside all the discussions and lack of food.. it was really, really a god day! I needed some distraction from the camp.. a break from routine!   

    
 P.S.: Meaning of fast: is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário